Definitions of finger:
- noun: the part of a glove that provides a covering for one of the fingers
- noun: any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb)
Example: "Her fingers were long and thin"
- noun: the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
- verb: indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
- verb: feel or handle with the fingers
Example: "Finger the binding of the book"
- verb: search for on the computer
Example: "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- verb: examine by touch
Example: "The customer fingered the sweater"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7616)
Search for finger at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse