Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of fine:
- noun: money extracted as a penalty
- verb: issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
Example: "I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"
- adjective: (of weather) pleasant; not raining, perhaps with the sun shining
Example: "A fine summer evening"
- adjective: minutely precise especially in differences in meaning
Example: "A fine distinction"
- adjective: ; free or impurities; having a high or specified degree of purity
Example: "Gold 21 carats fine"
- adjective: of texture; being small-grained or smooth to the touch or having fine particles
Example: "Wood with a fine grain"
- adjective: superior to the average
Example: "In fine spirits"
- adjective: thin in thickness or diameter
Example: "A fine film of oil"
- adjective: characterized by elegance or refinement or accomplishment
Example: "Fine wine"
- adjective: being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition
Example: "Everything's fine"
- adjective: being in good health
Example: "I'm fine, how are you?"
- adverb: sentence-initial expression of agreement
- adverb: in a delicate manner
Example: "Finely shaped features"
- adverb: in a superior and skilled manner
Example: "The soldiers were fighting finely"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3297)
Search for fine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse