Definitions of fin:
- noun: organ of locomotion and balance in fishes and some other aquatic animals
- noun: a stabilizer that resembles the fins of a fish
- noun: the cardinal number that is the sum of four and one
- noun: a shoe for swimming; the paddle-like front is an aid in swimming (especially underwater)
- noun: one of a set of parallel slats in a door or window to admit air and reject rain
- noun: one of a pair of decorations projecting above the rear fenders of an automobile
- verb: equip (a car) with fins
- verb: show the fins above the water while swimming
Example: "The sharks were finning near the surface"
- verb: propel oneself through the water in a finning motion
Search for fin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse