Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of female:
- noun: an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- noun: a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
- adjective: being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
Example: "A female heir"
- adjective: for or composed of women or girls
Example: "The female lead in the play"
- adjective: characteristic of or peculiar to a woman
Example: "Female sensitiveness"
Search for female at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...