Announcing the RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Read and comment on a recent entry: A Race for Equality
Definitions of feeling:
- noun: the experiencing of affective and emotional states
Example: "She had a feeling of euphoria"
- noun: an intuitive understanding of something
Example: "He had a great feeling for music"
- noun: a physical sensation that you experience
Example: "He had a queasy feeling"
- noun: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
Example: "What are your feelings about the crisis?"
- noun: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun: the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
Example: "The surface had a greasy feeling"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #85238)
Search for feeling at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse