Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of fault:
- noun: (sports) a serve that is illegal (e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area)
Example: "He served too many double faults"
- noun: responsibility for a bad situation or event
Example: "It was John's fault"
- noun: (electronics) equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit (loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.)
Example: "It took much longer to find the fault than to fix it"
- noun: (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
Example: "They built it right over a geological fault"
- noun: the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection
Example: "He knew his own faults much better than she did"
- noun: an imperfection in a device or machine
- noun: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
Example: "I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
- verb: put or pin the blame on
Search for fault at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for fault (New!)
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse