Definitions of family:
- noun: primary social group; parents and children
Example: "He wanted to have a good job before starting a family"
- noun: people descended from a common ancestor
Example: "His family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
- noun: a social unit living together
Example: "He moved his family to Virginia"
- noun: (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera
Example: "Sharks belong to the fish family"
- noun: an association of people who share common beliefs or activities
Example: "The message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family"
- noun: a collection of things sharing a common attribute
- noun: a person having kinship with another or others
Example: "He's family"
- noun: a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities
Search for family at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse