Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of eye:
- noun: a small hole or loop (as in a needle)
Example: "The thread wouldn't go through the eye"
- noun: the organ of sight
- noun: good discernment (either with the eyes or as if with the eyes)
Example: "She has an eye for fresh talent"
- noun: attention to what is seen
Example: "He tried to catch her eye"
- noun: an area that is approximately central within some larger region
Example: "They were in the eye of the storm"
- verb: look at
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11713)
Search for eye at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...