Definitions of extinction:
- noun: the act of extinguishing; causing to stop burning
Example: "The extinction of the lights"
- noun: a conditioning process in which the reinforcer is removed and a conditioned response becomes independent of the conditioned stimulus
- noun: complete annihilation
Example: "They think a meteor cause the extinction of the dinosaurs"
- noun: the reduction of the intensity of radiation as a consequence of absorption and radiation
- noun: no longer in existence
Example: "The extinction of a species"
- noun: no longer active; extinguished
Example: "The extinction of the volcano"
Search for extinction at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse