Definitions of expression:
- noun: the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing
Example: "The expression of milk from her breast"
- noun: the expression on a person's face
Example: "A sad expression"
- noun: expression without words
Example: "Tears are an expression of grief"
- noun: the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions
Example: "Expressions of good will"
- noun: (genetics) the process of expressing a gene
- noun: a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
- noun: the style of expressing yourself
Example: "His manner of expression showed how much he cared"
- noun: a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
Example: "Pardon the expression"
- noun: a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit
Search for expression at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse