Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of express:
- noun: rapid transport of goods
- noun: public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes a limited number of scheduled stops
Example: "He caught the express to New York"
- noun: mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
- verb: manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait)
Example: "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
- verb: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise
Example: "She expressed her anger"
- verb: give expression to
- verb: send my rapid transport or special messenger service
Example: "She expressed the letter to Florida"
- verb: indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
Example: "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
- verb: obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
Example: "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
- verb: serve as a means for expressing something
- adjective: not tacit or implied
Example: "Her express wish"
- adjective: without unnecessary stops
Example: "An express train"
- adverb: by express
Example: "Please send the letter express"
Search for express at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse