Definitions of exposure:
- noun: the act of subjecting someone to an influencing experience
Example: "She denounced the exposure of children to pornography"
- noun: abandoning without shelter or protection (as by leaving as infant out in the open)
- noun: presentation to view in an open or public manner
Example: "The exposure of his anger was shocking"
- noun: the act of exposing film to light
- noun: vulnerability to the elements; to the action of heat or cold or wind or rain
Example: "Exposure to the weather or they died from exposure"
- noun: aspect re light or wind
Example: "The studio had a northern exposure"
- noun: the disclosure of something secret
Example: "They feared exposure of their campaign plans"
- noun: the intensity of light falling on a photographic film or plate
Example: "He used the wrong exposure"
- noun: the state of being vulnerable or exposed
Example: "His exposure to ridicule"
- noun: a picture of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
Search for exposure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse