Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of expect:
- verb: consider reasonable or due
Example: "I'm expecting a full explanation as to why these files were destroyed"
- verb: look forward to the birth of a child
Example: "She is expecting in March"
- verb: regard something as probable or likely
Example: "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- verb: look forward to the probable occurrence of
Example: "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"
- verb: consider obligatory; request and expect
Example: "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
- verb: be pregnant with
Example: "The are expecting another child in January"
Search for expect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for expect (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: Becoming Your Own Hero
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse