Definitions of execute:
- verb: kill as a means of socially sanctioned punishment
Example: "In some states, criminals are executed"
- verb: murder execution-style
Example: "The Mafioso who collaborated with the police was executed"
- verb: carry out the legalities of
Example: "Execute a will or a deed"
- verb: sign in the presence of witnesses
Example: "The President executed the treaty"
- verb: carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine
Example: "The computer executed the instruction"
- verb: carry out or perform an action
Example: "The skater executed a triple pirouette"
- verb: put in effect
Example: "Execute the decision of the people"
Search for execute at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse