Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of eviscerate:
- verb: remove the contents of
Example: "Eviscerate the stomach"
- verb: take away a vital or essential part of
Example: "The compromise among the parties eviscerated the bill that had been proposed"
- verb: surgically remove a part of a structure or an organ
- verb: remove the entrails of
- adjective: having been disembowelled
Search for eviscerate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...