Definitions of evidence:
- noun: your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief
Example: "The evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
- noun: an indication that makes something evident
Example: "His trembling was evidence of his fear"
- noun: (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
- verb: give evidence
- verb: provide evidence for
- verb: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
Search for evidence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse