Definitions of Eve:
- noun: (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology: the first woman and mother of the human race; God created Eve from Adam's rib and placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
- noun: the day before
Example: "He always arrives on the eve of her departure"
- noun: the period immediately before something
Example: "On the eve of the French Revolution"
- noun: the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
Example: "He enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 7692 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #781)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #33847)
Search for Eve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse