Announcing the RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Read and comment on a recent entry: Rhyme Zone 2014-2015 Poetry Prize Entries
Definitions of establish:
- verb: set up or found
- verb: use as a basis for; found on
- verb: set up or lay the groundwork for
Example: "Establish a new department"
- verb: bring about
Example: "The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth"
- verb: institute, enact, or establish
- verb: build or establish something abstract
- verb: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- verb: place
Search for establish at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse