Definitions of essential:
- noun: anything indispensable
Example: "The essentials of the good life"
- adjective: absolutely necessary; vitally necessary
Example: "Essential tools and materials"
- adjective: being or relating to or containing the essence of a plant etc
Example: "Essential oil"
- adjective: basic and fundamental
Example: "The essential feature"
- adjective: absolutely required and not to be used up or sacrificed
- adjective: applying to essential legal principles and rules of right
- adjective: of the greatest importance
Search for essential at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse