Definitions of error:
- noun: (baseball) a failure of a defensive player to make an out when normal play would have sufficed
- noun: departure from what is ethically acceptable
- noun: a misconception resulting from incorrect information
- noun: part of a statement that is not correct
Example: "The book was full of errors"
- noun: (computer science) the occurrence of an incorrect result produced by a computer
- noun: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
Example: "She was quick to point out my errors"
- noun: inadvertent incorrectness
Search for error at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse