Definitions of enter:
- verb: become a participant; be involved in
Example: "Enter a race"
- verb: come on stage
- verb: to come or go into
Example: "The boat entered an area of shallow marshes"
- verb: take on duties or office
- verb: be or play a part of or in
- verb: set out on (an enterprise, subject of study, etc.)
- verb: make a record of; set down in permanent form
- verb: register formally as a participant or member
- verb: put or introduce into something
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #57410)
Search for enter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse