Definitions of engagement:
- noun: employment for performers or performing groups that lasts for a limited period of time
- noun: the act of sharing in the activities of a group
Example: "The teacher tried to increase his students' engagement in class activities"
- noun: contact by fitting together
Example: "The engagement of the clutch"
- noun: the act of giving someone a job
- noun: a mutual promise to marry
- noun: a meeting arranged in advance
- noun: a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
Example: "He lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
Search for engagement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse