Definitions of eastern:
- adjective: lying toward or situated in the east
Example: "The eastern end of the island"
- adjective: relating to or characteristic of regions of eastern parts of the world
Example: "The Eastern Hemisphere"
- adjective: of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States
Example: "The Eastern establishment"
- adjective: from the east; used especially of winds
- adjective: lying in or toward the east
Example: "Eastern cities"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #73304)
Search for eastern at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse