Definitions of dump:
- noun: (computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device; sometimes used in debugging programs
- noun: a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
- noun: a coarse term for defecation
- verb: sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly
Example: "The company dumped him after many years of service"
- verb: throw away as refuse
Example: "No dumping in these woods!"
- verb: sell at artificially low prices
- verb: drop in a heap or mass
- verb: fall abruptly
- verb: knock down with force
Search for dump at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse