Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dummy:
- noun: a figure representing the human form
- noun: a person who does not talk
- noun: a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- noun: an ignorant or foolish person
- verb: make a dummy of
Example: "Dummy up the books that are to be published"
- adjective: having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to function
Example: "A dummy corporation"
Search for dummy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...