Definitions of drown:
- verb: die from being submerged in water, getting water into the lungs, and asphyxiating
Example: "The child drowned in the lake"
- verb: get rid of as if by submerging
Example: "She drowned her trouble in alcohol"
- verb: kill by submerging in water
Example: "He drowned the kittens"
- verb: cover completely or make imperceptible
Example: "I was drowned in work"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10513)
Search for drown at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse