Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dredge:
- noun: a power shovel to remove material from a channel or riverbed
- verb: remove with a power shovel, usually from a bottom of a body of water
- verb: search (as the bottom of a body of water) for something valuable or lost
- verb: cover before cooking
Example: "Dredge the chicken in flour before frying it"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38160)
Search for dredge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...