Definitions of drain:
- noun: emptying accomplished by draining
- noun: a gradual depletion of energy or resources
Example: "A drain on resources"
- noun: a pipe through which liquid is carried away
- noun: tube inserted into a body cavity (as during surgery) to remove unwanted material
- verb: flow off gradually
Example: "The rain water drains into this big vat"
- verb: empty of liquid; drain the liquid from
Example: "We drained the oil tank"
- verb: deplete of resources
Example: "The exercise class drains me of energy"
- verb: make weak
Example: "Life in the camp drained him"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5166)
Search for drain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse