Definitions of doomed:
- noun: people who are destined to die soon
Example: "The agony of the doomed was in his voice"
- adjective: marked for certain death
Example: "The black spot told the old sailor he was doomed"
- adjective: (usually followed by `to') determined by tragic fate
Example: "Doomed to unhappiness"
- adjective: marked by or promising bad fortune
Example: "Their business venture was doomed from the start"
- adjective: in danger of the eternal punishment of hell
Search for doomed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse