Definitions of Don:
- noun: a European river in southwestern Russia; flows into the Sea of Azov
- noun: Celtic goddess; mother of Gwydion and Arianrhod; corresponds to Irish Danu
- noun: a Spanish title of respect for a gentleman or nobleman
- noun: the head of an organized crime family
- noun: teacher at a university of college (especially at Cambridge or Oxford)
- verb: put clothing on one's body
Example: "The princess donned a long blue dress"
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 689 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #135)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12650)
Search for Don at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse