Announcing the winners of the RhymeZone Poetry Prize!
Definitions of dog:
- noun: a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds
Example: "The dog barked all night"
- noun: informal term for a man
Example: "You lucky dog"
- noun: a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman
Example: "She's a real dog"
- noun: metal supports for logs in a fireplace
- noun: a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- noun: someone who is morally reprehensible
Example: "You dirty dog"
- noun: a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- verb: go after with the intent to catch
Example: "The dog chased the rabbit"
Search for dog at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse