Definitions of document:
- noun: anything serving as a representation of a person's thinking by means of symbolic marks
- noun: writing that provides information (especially information of an official nature)
- noun: a written account of ownership or obligation
- noun: (computer science) a computer file that contains text (and possibly formatting instructions) using 7-bit ASCII characters
- verb: support or supply with references
Example: "Can you document your claims?"
- verb: record in detail
Example: "The parents documented every step of their child's development"
Search for document at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia