Definitions of doctor:
- noun: children take the roles of doctor or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the doctor's office
Example: "The children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor"
- noun: a licensed medical practitioner
Example: "I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
- noun: a person who holds Ph.D. degree from an academic institution
Example: "She is a doctor of philosophy in physics"
- noun: (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the othodoxy of their theological teaching
Example: "The Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
- verb: give medical treatment to
- verb: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
- verb: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7489)
Search for doctor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse