Lyrics and poems
Definitions of do:
- noun: the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- noun: doctor's degree in osteopathy
- noun: an uproarious party
- verb: carry on or manage
Example: "We could do with a little more help around here"
- verb: get (something) done
- verb: proceed or get along
Example: "How is she doing in her new job?"
- verb: create or design, often in a certain way
Example: "Do my room in blue"
- verb: travel or traverse (a distance)
Example: "This car does 150 miles per hour"
- verb: engage in
Example: "Do research"
- verb: be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity
Example: "Will $100 do?"
- verb: spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- verb: give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
- verb: behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
Example: "Don't behave like a fool"
- verb: carry out or perform an action
- verb: carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
- verb: arrange attractively
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2934)
Search for do at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster