Definitions of divide:
- noun: a serious disagreement between two groups of people (typically producing tension or hostility)
- noun: a ridge of land that separates two adjacent river systems
- verb: separate into parts or portions
Example: "Divide the cake into three equal parts"
- verb: perform a division
Example: "Can you divide 49 by seven?"
- verb: act as a barrier between; stand between
Example: "The mountain range divides the two countries"
- verb: come apart
- verb: make a division or separation
- verb: force, take, or pull apart
Search for divide at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse