Definitions of ditch:
- noun: a long narrow excavation in the earth
- noun: any small natural waterway
- verb: forsake
Example: "Ditch a lover"
- verb: crash or crash-land
Example: "Ditch a car"
- verb: make an emergency landing on water
- verb: sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly
- verb: throw away
- verb: cut a trench in, as for drainage
Example: "Ditch the land to drain it"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17382)
Search for ditch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse