Definitions of distinct:
- adjective: (often followed by `from') not alike; different in nature or quality
Example: "Plants of several distinct types"
- adjective: recognizable; marked
Example: "Noticed a distinct improvement"
- adjective: easy to perceive; especially clearly outlined
Example: "A distinct flavor"
- adjective: constituting a separate entity or part
Example: "On two distinct occasions"
- adjective: clearly or sharply defined to the mind
Example: "Claudius was the first to invade Britain with distinct...intentions of conquest"
Search for distinct at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse