Synonyms / Related
Definitions of distance:
- noun: the property created by the space between two objects or points
- noun: size of the gap between two places
Example: "The distance from New York to Chicago"
- noun: indifference by personal withdrawal
Example: "Emotional distance"
- noun: a distant region
Example: "I could see it in the distance"
- noun: the interval between two times
Example: "The distance from birth to death"
- noun: a remote point in time
Example: "If that happens it will be at some distance in the future"
- verb: keep at a distance
Example: "We have to distance ourselves from these events in order to continue living"
- verb: go far ahead of
Example: "He outdistanced the other runners"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #85868)
Search for distance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...