Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dish:
- noun: a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food
Example: "We gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
- noun: directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
- noun: a particular item of prepared food
Example: "She prepared a special dish for dinner"
- noun: the quantity that a dish will hold
Example: "They served me a dish of rice"
- noun: a very attractive or seductive looking woman
- noun: an activity that you like or at which you are superior
Example: "Marriage was scarcely his dish"
- verb: make concave; shape like a dish
- verb: provide (usually but not necessarily food)
Example: "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."
Search for dish at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...