Definitions of discount:
- noun: the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise
- noun: an amount or percentage deducted
- noun: a refund of some fraction of the amount paid
- noun: interest on an annual basis deducted in advance on a loan
- verb: give a reduction in price on
Example: "I never discount these books-they sell like hot cakes"
- verb: bar from attention or consideration
Search for discount at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse