Definitions of discipline:
- noun: training to improve strength or self-control
- noun: the act of punishing
Example: "The offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- noun: the trait of being well behaved
Example: "He insisted on discipline among the troops"
- noun: a system of rules of conduct or method of practice
Example: "He quickly learned the discipline of prison routine or for such a plan to work requires discipline"
- noun: a branch of knowledge
Example: "In what discipline is his doctorate?"
- verb: punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience
Example: "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
- verb: train by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control
Example: "Parents must discipline their children"
Search for discipline at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse