The RhymeZone Poetry Contest is back.
Definitions of discharge:
- noun: the act of discharging a gun
- noun: the act of venting
- noun: the sudden giving off of energy
- noun: the pouring forth of a fluid
- noun: electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- noun: any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body
Example: "The discharge of pus"
- noun: a substance that is emitted or released
- noun: a formal written statement of relinquishment
- noun: the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
- verb: release from military service
- verb: eliminate (substances) from the body
- verb: pour forth or release
Example: "Discharge liquids"
- verb: remove the charge from
- verb: free from obligations or duties
- verb: complete or carry out
Example: "Discharge one's duties"
- verb: become empty or void of its content
- verb: cause to go off
- verb: go off or discharge
- verb: pronounce not guilty of criminal charges
- verb: leave or unload, especially of passengers or cargo;
Search for discharge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse