Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dimple:
- noun: a small natural hollow in the cheek or chin
Example: "His dimple appeared whenever he smiled"
- noun: any slight depression in a surface
Example: "There are approximately 336 dimples on a golf ball"
- noun: a chad that has been punched or dimpled but all four corners are still attached
- verb: produce dimples while smiling
Example: "The child dimpled up to the adults"
- verb: mark with, or as if with, dimples
Example: "Drops dimpled the smooth stream"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3040)
Search for dimple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...