Definitions of differential:
- noun: a quality that differentiates between similar things
- noun: a bevel gear that permits rotation of two shafts at different speeds; used on the rear axle of automobiles to allow wheels to rotate at different speeds on curves
- noun: the result of mathematical differentiation; the instantaneous change of one quantity relative to another; df(x)/dx
- adjective: relating to or showing a difference
Example: "Differential treatment"
- adjective: involving or containing one or more derivatives
Example: "Differential equation"
Search for differential at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse