Definitions of different:
- adjective: unlike in nature or quality or form or degree
Example: "Took different approaches to the problem"
- adjective: distinct or separate
Example: "Each interviewed different members of the community"
- adjective: differing from all others; not ordinary
Example: "Advertising that strives continually to be different"
- adjective: distinctly separate from the first
Example: "That's another (or different) issue altogether"
- adjective: not like; marked by dissimilarity
Example: "People are profoundly different"
Search for different at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse