Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of die:
- noun: a device used for shaping metal
- noun: a cutting tool that is fitted into a diestock and used for cutting male (external) screw threads on screws or bolts or pipes or rods
- noun: small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces; used to generate random numbers
- verb: suffer or face the pain of death
Example: "Martyrs may die every day for their faith"
- verb: suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense)
Example: "Whosoever..believes in me shall never die"
- verb: disappear or come to an end
Example: "Their anger died"
- verb: pass from physical life and lose all all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
Example: "She died from cancer"
- verb: lose sparkle or bouquet
- verb: to be on base at the end of an inning, of a player
- verb: cut or shape with a die
Example: "Die out leather for belts"
- verb: be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame
Example: "We almost died laughing during the show"
- verb: languish as with love or desire
- verb: feel indifferent towards
Example: "She died to worldly things and eventually entered a monastery"
- verb: stop operating or functioning
Example: "The car died on the road"
Search for die at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse