Definitions of diagonal:
- noun: (mathematics) a set of entries in a square matrix running diagonally either from the upper left to lower right entry or running from the upper right to lower left entry
- noun: an oblique line of squares of the same color on a checkerboard
Example: "The bishop moves on the diagonals"
- noun: a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- noun: (geometry) a straight line connecting any two vertices of a polygon that are not adjacent
- noun: a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- adjective: at an angle; especially connecting two nonadjacent corners of a plane figure or any two corners of a solid that are not in the same face
Example: "A diagonal line across the page"
- adjective: having an oblique or slanted direction
Search for diagonal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse