Synonyms / Related
Definitions of devil:
- noun: a word used in exclamations of confusion
Example: "What the devil"
- noun: one of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief
- noun: (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
- noun: a rowdy or mischievous person (usually a young man)
- noun: a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- verb: coat or stuff with a spicy paste
Example: "Devilled eggs"
- verb: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
Search for devil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...