Definitions of dependent:
- noun: a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
- adjective: addicted to a drug
- adjective: contingent on something else
- adjective: not independent
Example: "Dependent children"
- adjective: of a clause; unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence
Example: "A subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
- adjective: being under the power or sovereignty of another or others
Example: "A dependent prince"
Search for dependent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse