Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of deflate:
- verb: become deflated or flaccid, as by losing air
Example: "The balloons deflated"
- verb: reduce or cut back the amount or availability of, creating a decline in value or prices
Example: "Deflate the currency"
- verb: produce deflation in
Example: "The new measures deflated the economy"
- verb: reduce or lessen the size or importance of
Example: "The bad review of his work deflated his self-confidence"
- verb: release contained air or gas from
Example: "Deflate the air mattress"
- verb: collapse by releasing contained air or gas
Example: "Deflate a balloon"
Search for deflate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...